[Fsf-friends] Re: DotNet

Sajith T S sajith@symonds.net
Thu Oct 28 10:30:38 IST 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 09:57, Praveen A wrote:

> I also think that they be allowed to talk about .Net, but on the
> basis of mono .Net which is a completely free (GPLed) .Net platform
> originally developed by Ximian (now owned by Novell).

On the other hand, we've Portable .Net, which is a GNU project.  They
are making impressive progress with very little resources and less than
a handful of developers (including our very own Gopal V.)

http://www.gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/

Mono receives immense PR and attention possibly because of Miguel and
Nat's charisma and the Novell factor.  But people in the FSF-I list
should be at least aware of the existence of DotGNU project.

Sajith.
--
http://www.livejournal.com/~sajith/