[Fsf-friends] Re: DotNet

Praveen A pravi.a@gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 09:57:07 IST 2004

I also think that they be allowed to talk about .Net, but on the basis
of mono .Net which is a completely free (GPLed) .Net platform
originally developed by Ximian (now owned by Novell).

http://www.mono-project.com/about/index.html

<quote>
Mono is a comprehensive open source development platform based on the
.NET framework that allows developers to build Linux and
cross-platform applications with unprecedented productivity. Mono's
.NET implementation is based on the ECMA standards for C# and  the
Common Language Infrastructure.

Sponsored by Novell and led by Miguel de Icaza, the Mono project has
an active and enthusiastic contributing community. Mono includes both
developer tools and the infrastructure needed to run .NET client and
server applications.

</quote>

Regards
Praveen A

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:58:27 +0530, Sandip Bhattacharya