[Fsf-friends] Re: DotNet

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Wed Oct 27 06:48:28 IST 2004

    Re the request by Microsoft to speak at the Hyderabad usergroup on DotNet,

I am not sure what the "Hyderabad usergroup" means, but anyone who
advocates freedom should not offer a proprietary software developer a
platform to present a practical discussion of a proprietary software
product.

Such discussion focuses on the practical characteristics of the
software, and therefore makes the implicit assertion that, "There is
no ethical issue with this software, therefore the interesting things
about it are its technical capabilities and merits/demerits."  We need
to reject that assumption, and the best way is not to offer them a
platform at all.