[Fsf-friends] [Fwd: Re: [TwinCLinG] Re: Sample survey on Open Source Software, meeting etc.]

Anand Babu ab@gnu.org.in
Sat Oct 23 22:18:05 IST 2004

,----[ "Dileep M. Kumar" <dileep@gmx.net> ]
| > (TOPIC 2) A Microsoft person requests to speak with our LUG
| > members at a meeting.  Do the list members agree to his speaking?
| > I could take a poll on this but hardly anybody responds to
| > polls. So I am taking an informal go ahead on this M$ person to
| > speak to our LUG. Certainly he has to adhere to the ground rules
| > as pointed out by Suresh.  If anybody has serious objections (that
| > is they DONT want the Microsoft person to speak) regarding this
| > please let me know.
|
| I do like to point out that in a not-so-recent interview to one of
| the computer magazines in India (forgot which, might have been
| PCQuest or something), Microsoft India's some-big-shot mentioned
| (not in so many words) that part of their strategy in India is to
| "infiltrate" the LUGs and slowly brainwash these LUGs into being
| MUGs (Microsoft User Groups - pun intended :). Let us not be the
| first or only LUG to fall into that trap.
`----
It depends on what Microsoft wants to speak in the meeting.  As long
as it is related to Free Software, any one is welcome.

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>