[Fsf-friends] [Fwd: Re: [TwinCLinG] Re: Sample survey on Open Source Software, meeting etc.]

Dileep M. Kumar dileep@gmx.net
Mon Oct 25 09:47:47 IST 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [TwinCLinG] Re: Sample survey on Open Source Software,
meeting etc.
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 05:43:45 -0400
From: Binand Sethumadhavan <binand@gmail.com>
To: ilughyd@yahoogroups.com

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:21:08 +0530 (IST), Dr. Atul Negi
<atulcs@uohyd.ernet.in> wrote:
> (TOPIC 2)
> A Microsoft person requests to speak with our LUG members at a meeting.
> Do the list members agree to his speaking? I could take a poll on this
> but hardly anybody responds to polls. So I am taking an informal go ahead
> on this M$ person to speak to our LUG. Certainly he has to adhere to the
> ground rules as pointed out by Suresh.
>
>  If anybody has serious objections (that is they DONT want the Microsoft
> person to speak) regarding this please let me know.

I do like to point out that in a not-so-recent interview to one of the
computer magazines in India (forgot which, might have been PCQuest or
something), Microsoft India's some-big-shot mentioned (not in so many
words) that part of their strategy in India is to "infiltrate" the
LUGs and slowly brainwash these LUGs into being MUGs (Microsoft User
Groups - pun intended :). Let us not be the first or only LUG to fall
into that trap.

Binand