[Fsf-friends] Re: user group assn.

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Sun Oct 17 12:19:38 IST 2004

Ramanraj K said on Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 08:11:40AM +0530,:

 >  >>in India  join together to form an  association.  While software
 >  >>cos. have  NASSCOM, software  user groups have  no corresponding
 >  >>association that

NASSCOM is much more than a mere industry body. It is also a copyright
society, recognised  by the Govt.  under the Copyright Act.   It means
that NASSCOM  can enforce  copyrights of its  members, and  take money
from its victims,  which of course, like experiences  of all copyright
societies all  over the  world, much less  than expenses  of copyright
enforcement.

It of course, does so many other things than conduct surveys.

The  free software  community cannot,  of course,  rely on  NASSCOM to
enforce  our copyrights.  Hence,  need for  _assigning_ copyrights  to
bodies like FSF.

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
Copying an idea is plagiarism. Copying many ideas