[Fsf-friends] [Fwd: [LIH]Red hat -- License]

Dileep M. Kumar dileep@gmx.net
Sun Oct 17 07:11:31 IST 2004

Hello,

Could some body clarify this topic. To my knowledge Om Logistics has
done one of  largest
implementation of Free Software in business.  He has one copy of RHEL
(purchased). He is
installing that on 600 machines, which Redhat India says is illegal.

Regards

Dileep M. Kumar || dileep AT kumarayil DOT net || www.kumarayil.net
Our future depends on our philosophy - Richard M Stallman

Hi all,

I have 600 computers running on Red Hat Linux, after discussions from
Red Hat persons, I come to know that my linux deployment is illegal,
because I have not purchased enough licenses from Red Hat.

But as per GPL, I can copy / Redistribute the software after
modification / without modifications.

So I just want to know that Red Hat Linux is available under GPL or not.

Till date I understand that I have to pay for the support. In case I
need support, I have to pay otherwise I don't require to pay any thing.

Please advise,

[S K Goel]