[Fsf-friends] Re: PDF issues

Tathagata Banerjee tathagatabanerjee@gmx.net
Sat Oct 2 16:49:07 IST 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 23:06, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:

> Err... just to clarify.
>
> I was present at the meeting that Prof Nagarjuna mentioned, and I don't
> think we are trying to remove the signatures of the non-Free sw from
> those files. Our main issue is that the fonts that have been used are
> non Free (probably) - and we were not very sure whether it is legally a
> very sound step to host the PDFs in the FSF-I servers - as the fonts are
> embedded in those PDFs.
> To know our exact legal standing, we need to find the license of the two
> fonts - but copies of the relevant licenses are available neither with
> me and nor with dipankar-da. I could only figure out the following
> copyright information from the font files.

ummm... why didn't anyone say so before?
this thread has been going on for some days, and now it seems it was based on
a misunderstanding...  :-(
well if fonts are the only issue, then sayam please go ahead and do the
needful so we can put it up on the fsf server asap.
dear prof.nagarjuna, please understand that we were all confused on this
issue, and that is why perhaps some conflicting and rash sentiments were
expressed. now that sayam has cleared things up for us, let's work together
to put up a free-font version on the fsf server.

- t.
--
cogito, ergo es.