[Fsf-friends] M$ in India

M.Balakrishna Pillai mbpillai@asianetindia.com
Wed Nov 17 21:51:37 IST 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 07:35:13PM +0530, Frederick Noronha (FN) wrote:
> MICROSOFT to support UPA's IT plans: Ballmer
> Moneycontrol.com - Mumbai,India
> ... He also talked about investments, especially in education, which, he
> says, is the focus area for India to grow in the IT literacy sphere. ...
> <http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/highlights/newsdetail_new.php?filename=news16112004151443.htm>
>
> MS wants to log in to Indian PSUs
> Business Standard - New Delhi,India
> ... IT literacy. The company had tied up with nearly 4,000 schools for
> the Partner in Learning Programme. Listing out Microsoft's community
> initiatives
> in India, ...
> <http://www.business-standard.com/iceworld/storypage.php?hpFlag=Y&chklogin=N&autono=172837&leftnm=lmnu9&leftindx=9&lselect=0>

similar things happened earlier tree to four hundred years ago.
East india company , zamindars, rajas etc etc jointly,
for short term gains, pushed the entire Indian society
into ( sorry I do not know the apt words to describe the situation).

and now same story, presentation and actors changed.

with regards
M.Balakrishna Pillai