[Fsf-friends] Another potential candidate for software company going GPL...

Rishi rishi@gangfam.com
Tue Nov 16 08:45:23 IST 2004

Hi

I met the director of a software company and I got them to think about
licensing their software with GPL. They currently deliver their software
product as a service to their customers.

As usual the ethical issue always comes up and people consider thinking about
it... so he agreed and felt the need to license his software with the GNU GPL.
However, one of his concerns was his service (software) would be compromised
by others (competitors) who have access to the source code.

Since I'm not a programmer, I was unable to explain why making his source code
to the public, would actually enhance the security. Can anyone help me with
examples to deliver to this guy/

Regards

Rishi