[ilugd] [Fwd: [Fsf-friends] Guidence needed]

Raj Shekhar rajshekhar@hotpop.com
Tue Nov 9 21:47:40 IST 2004

bimal pandit wrote:
> Dear Sriharsha,
>
> there is a project for the same purpose as you are looking for and not
> to say help from all over the globe even here in india!!
>
> the project is LTSP(linux terminal server project) just give it a
> thought and i will try to help you as much as i can.
>
> the site is <http://www.ltsp.org>

I think you wanted to point to http://k12ltsp.org/ rather than LTSP
page. However, I think he does not want a LTSP setup .. (but LTSP will
make things easier to maintain) .

After grepping through my memory, I was able to locate the following
projects that may be helpful to you

http://schoolforge.net/ --> start your search here

http://www.linuxforkids.org/ -- lots of softwares, well indexed and I
hope much better than what your friend is planning to use :-)

http://www.bluelinux.org/ --> BlueEDU is a distribution of the Linux
operating system focused on educational packages.

http://www.tux4kids.com/tux4kids/projects/ --> more software

That should be enough to get you started
--
,-.___,-.  Raj Shekhar
\_/_ _\_/  System Administrator, programmer and  slacker