[Fsf-friends] Re: DotNet

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Fri Nov 5 10:01:52 IST 2004

    Think of Mono as following the same process: we are bringing the best
    technology out there to our beloved free software platform.  And at the
    same time it serves to be a magnificent upgrade on the development platform."

In general, we should seek to provide a free implementations of any
facility that users want.  I think we can presume that many users will
want to run C# programs, so a free implementation of C# is a desirable
thing.

That should be the basis for considering Mono or any other C#
implementation.  As long as it is free, it is more or less a good
thing.