[Fsf-friends] Re: DotNet

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Fri Nov 5 07:07:13 IST 2004

Sandip Bhattacharya said on Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 03:53:13AM +0530,:

 > I believe you are trying to damn Miguel using the Linux vs. GNU/Linux
 > debate.

I have nothing against Miguel. I am not involved in anyway with him or
his  work. I  _use_ GNOME,  translate it,  spread it.   But  then same
applies to KDE too.

I do  not think there is any  difference of opinion between  us on the
Mono/DotGNU issue any way, mostly because I do not have any. ;)

 > The debate somehow ended inconclusively after this great summary of
 > the real issue by Havoc

Thanks for this analysis. I do not think we should continue to discuss
this.  I really  do  not what  else  transpired, and  do  not want  to
comment on something I am not sure about.

 > However, the purpose of our thread here was not Gnome, or Miguel's personal
 > views of Linux vs. GNU/Linux, etc. This was about FSF's attitude towards
 > dotNet.

 > (http://directory.fsf.org/search/fsd-search.py?q=java) today, dont we?

Most apps seem to depend on free implementations of java.

 > Yes, I know Microsoft has had a really bad reputation behind them, and it

And a broken patent *and* internaitonal trade system.

 > is highly unlikely that they can ever get better other than with a federal
 > axe.

Does it exist yet? The axe??

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
REVOLUTION, n. An abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.