[Fsf-friends] Re: DotNet

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Thu Nov 4 19:44:57 IST 2004

Sandip Bhattacharya said on Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 01:18:19PM +0530,:

 > The point of contention which has been between the Mono project and the FSF
 > was probably about the windows compatibility stack. Miguel wanted the
 > windows compatibility stack to provide a migration path to Linux, while FSF
 > folks didnt want any possibly patent encumbered or proprietary part to be
 > developed and called Free.

I am not very sure what exactly transpired between FSF and Miguel, but
here are few useful links.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2002-November/msg00100.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2002-November/msg00089.html

Quote:-

   ``So I  would be interested in knowing  what you have in  mind as a
     way to improve the connection, *other* than the `GNU/Linux' vs
     `Linux' debate, which myself and most others in the current board
     are tired of.

http://slashdot.org/interviews/00/04/03/2344211.shtml
Quote:-

        ``... In the  beginning I thought "We need  a desktop for free
        systems", now I think "We  need the perfect user interface for
        end  users  to use  on  a  free  system". Achieving  the  best
        user/computer interface is a goal that many of us share.''

(lots of tech info in there, so read it for the tech info too)

Have a nice time.

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
If your mail client does not support HTML, click here