[Fsf-friends] Free Software User's Group in Bangalore...

Abhas Abhinav abhas@deeproot.co.in
Mon May 24 09:09:18 IST 2004

Dear Friends,

Bangalore now has a Free Software User's Group (FSUG)!

Starting off from the 'GNUs Grazing' initiative by Rakesh Ambati we have
met up twice already. During Arun's trip to Bangalore earlier this
month, we were able to press out a firm agenda for Free Software related
activities in Bangalore.

Broadly speaking, FSUG (Bangalore) works towards two broad areas:

  o Free Software advocacy, lobbying and awareness in Bangalore
  o Technical help for Free Software and GNU/Linux

The minutes of previous two meetings are available in the list archives
(not yet web-viewable) and will be put up on a web-site by tomorrow. (Or
I could post them here to the fsf-friends list if that's more
convenient!)

FSUG (Bangalore) discussions happen on the fsub-bangalore mailing list.
To know more about what's happenning, who's involved and how to get
involved, please subscribe to the mailing list by sending an email to
fsub-bangalore-subscribe@lists.deeproot.co.in . A lot of activities are
planned for the next few weeks - please do participate and give you
comments and feedback.

Regards,
Abhas.
--