[Fsf-friends] FLOSS concept booklet...

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Wed May 19 23:09:43 IST 2004

Vijay Kumar Bagavath Singh said on Wed, May 19, 2004 at 09:38:19PM +0500,:

 >  the  BSD operating  system, where  less restrictive  free software
 > licenses were used.

`... where non-copyleft free software licenses were used.' is a
better choice of words.

 > Is this Copyleft against the law?
 >
 > No.

Add:-

The concept of copyleft actually uses and depends on the provisions in
the law  relating to copyright  to grant users the  freedoms mentioned
above.

 > If this software is free as you say then why do we need legislation to
 > protect it?
 >
 > What is this supposed to mean...

Hmmm.... A reference back to `Is this copyleft against the law' would
be a better answer, IMO.

--

   "Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security
 		deserve neither security nor liberty"