[Fsf-friends] [OT]Has anyone tried using Knoppix 3.3 ?

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@yahoo.com
Sat May 8 21:34:40 IST 2004

hi list,

--- "Kenneth Wong <ken@apdip.net>"@apdip.net wrote:
> Ramanraj K <ramanraj@md4.vsnl.net.in> wrote ..
> > I just tried using Knoppix 3.3 that came with the
> May issue of
> > LinuxForYou.  Looks like good free software!
>
> Warning - not all of Knoppix is Free Software. Some
> things like acrobat reader (4.0) aren't free
> software.

  Yes,very true not all software the liveCD distro are
free.But sometimes distro devlopers tend to add the
very popular app's for the people who move over to
GNU/Linux.

  There are lot of other liveCD distro around.
(see
http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/print/0,23102,3680996,00.html)

   In the last Gnu(s) Grazing meet held last sunday
2nd  of May in bangalore,one of the topic we discussed
was about building a live Distro with  free
software(of course) and all Indian languages.

   It would a great tool for spreading free software
here in india.Anyone interested in taking up such a
project,perhaps someone from www.indlinux.org project.

--arky