[Fsf-friends] Has anyone tried using Knoppix 3.3 ?

"Kenneth Wong <ken@apdip.net>"@apdip.net "Kenneth Wong <ken@apdip.net>"@apdip.net
Sat May 8 22:41:01 IST 2004

Ramanraj K <ramanraj@md4.vsnl.net.in> wrote ..
> I just tried using Knoppix 3.3 that came with the May issue of
> LinuxForYou.  Looks like good free software!

Warning - not all of Knoppix is Free Software. Some things like acrobat reader (4.0) aren't free software.

That said, it's possible to use only the free parts and have a fully functional system. Knoppix 3.4 just came out last week also and it supports even more hardware than 3.3. The live-CD is a wonderful thing for introducing people to free software.

--
Kenneth Wong
IOSN Programme Consultant, UNDP-APDIP, Malaysia