[Fsf-friends] FREEDOM, PHILOSOPHY and FREEDOM SOFTWARE

Arun M arun@gnu.org.in
Sat May 8 17:21:32 IST 2004

Hi Tarun and others,

  Due to lack of time i didnt go through all the mails on this topic.
Quick scan gives me the feeling that it is being dragged unnecessarily.

1. Tarun, you are right that we need to make free software easier for
general user. We are doing good work for that. I dont see any one has
any objection in furthering it.

2. We the users of free software should also take the responsibility of
helping people like Mr Rammanohar, where ever we can. It is not a good
idea from our part to say 'RTFM'. Lets try to help others, dont forget
that we are working for the freedom of sharing knowledge.

3. At the same time, we dont care abt people saying "i will use/support
free software when it is technically better choice". That show their
lack of commitment to the issue of freedom we raise, ignore them.
I can understand a person who is using non free software because there
is no alternative, while accepting that he is not doing the right thing
and trying to bring a change to his situation.

regards,
arun.