[Fsf-friends] The King's English

Ramanraj K ramanraj@md4.vsnl.net.in
Wed Jun 23 07:30:18 IST 2004

  Anwar wrote:

> but I hate things that are done
>without perfection.

Anwar, please don't hate _yourself_.  Improvement is possible only with
sincere efforts.

I just start reading "The King's English", by H.W. Fowler, available at
http://www.bartleby.com/116/  and find it very interesting and useful.

Fowler begins the book with the statement: "ANY one who wishes to become
a good writer should endeavour, before he allows himself to be tempted
by the more showy qualities, to be direct, simple, brief, vigorous, and
lucid. "

Studying Fowler should help to write delightful and meaningful articles
which are worthy of sharing with others.  Browsers and other computer
programs are lucky not to suffer pain when they read malformed articles,
but please,  give us a chance to alleviate our pains.
__