[Fsf-friends] [Fwd]: Sign this petition and support free/GNUsoftware

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Tue Jun 22 14:10:11 IST 2004

Raj Shekhar said on Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 12:03:32PM +0530,:

 > out banners saying <editededbyme>  and put it up on walls.

We are not against company x, y, or z.  We are not against corporates.
We are not opposing capitalism.   We are not against globalisation. We
are not about monopoly.

We are about freedom for users of _software_. When company x, y, or z,
capitalism, globalisation, or monopoly or (insert your pet peeve here)
gets in way  of free software(*), we need  to respond/ react/act. Like
Gandhi said, hate the act, not the doer.

The  best example is  Apple. They  extensively do  use free  (urmmm ..
non-copyleft)  software.   But  they  also  created  the  un-fair-play
ruckus. And FSF-I has stood up to the threat.

(*) All the above get in way of our freedoms in general, and since all
    of us are concerned about  (non s/w) freedom (too), non-s/w topics
    do creep into our discussions ever so often.

BTW, it will be appreciated if  people reply to the list alone, unless
you deliberately want to respond privately.

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
Encryption: A powerful algorithmic encoding technique employed in