[Fsf-friends] Re: [fsug-kochi-discuss] M$ patented double lick

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Sat Jun 5 15:58:32 IST 2004

Anivar Aravind said on Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 12:52:10PM +0800,:

 > I must say that in my entire life, I've never seen anything quite as
 > stupid as what M$ has done this week -- i.e.patenting "clicking
 > technology".

Groklaw has an excellent article on this; see

 > I think  I'll figure out a way  to take an old  Atari 2600 joystick
 > and turn it into a clickless mouse....

Nah. No  chance. Patents  like this cover  *concepts*. Not  things. It
covers double  clicks. At  first glance, this  patent covers  even the
pause `button' on the tape recorder your gran presented you.

Have a sleepless night!!!

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com

Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make
all of them yourself.