[Fsf-friends] Fwd: [linux_schools] Setting Up Computer Lab in School in Bangalore

Manilal manilal@caths.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 17:10:57 IST 2004

V. Sasi Kumar said:
> I would suggest that you do not introduce computers at the class 1
> level. In my opinion, there should not be any computer classes before
> class 7 or 8.
Yes, But there are many schools(Mostly Pvt schools) in Kerala which have
made computer learning a must in primary classes. This is absurd. Children
should allowed to play and learn freely.

> specific tasks. The job of the teacher is to ensure that the children
> learn things as a part of whatever they do. This is hard on the teacher,
> but the children do learn, and not just bookish knowledge that helps
> only to write answers in examinations.
This is not acceptable to the public(especially parents). They only want
ranks and merits not knowledge.

But this is actually out of the scope of this mailing list.

regards
Manilal