[Fsf-friends] Fwd: [linux_schools] Setting Up Computer Lab in School in Bangalore

Manilal manilal@caths.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 17:10:10 IST 2004

V. Sasi Kumar said:
> I would suggest that you do not introduce computers at the class 1
> level. In my opinion, there should not be any computer classes before
> class 7 or 8.
Yes, But there are many schools(Mostly Pvt schools) in Kerala which have
made computer learning a must in primary classes. This is absurd. Children
should allowed to play and learn freely.

> specific tasks. The job of the teacher is to ensure that the children
> learn things as a part of whatever they do. This is hard on the teacher,
> but the children do learn, and not just bookish knowledge that helps
> only to write answers in examinations.
This is not acceptable to the public(especially parents). They only want
ranks and merits not knowledge

regards
Manilal