[Fsf-friends] Understanding GPL

Raghavendra Bhat ragul@vsnl.com
Mon Jul 26 17:39:14 IST 2004

Rakesh

> found  that  not all  us  (including me)  understand  the  GPL in  its
> complete form

The GNU GPL is really an  easy to understand license.  Maybe if you pose
an articulated  question here,  you might get  a clued answer  from this
list.

> due to lack of legal training or pure ignorance

The GNU  GPL was `invented' by  RMS with no formal  legal training.  You
too  can  interpret  it very  easily.   One  need  not  be a  lawyer  to
understand these things.

I  have noticed  legal experts  struggling to  get the  concept  of free
software correctly.   But they are very  quick to notice  the dangers of
the terminology `open source'.

Please be patient and do read the archives.

> Help build a forum to address the GPL issues

Is this not a forum enough?

--
ragOO
GNU teaches you sharing