[Fsf-friends] spreading the message of the GNU across our schools

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 22:37:08 IST 2004

Morning Raghu,

--- Raghavendra Bhat <ragul@vsnl.com> wrote:
> Hello List
>
> Recently I had the good fortune to talk to a batch
> of students about GNU
> software.  These students were approached when I
> went to Bangalore.
> They never knew about the GNU and its ideals.  I
> have asked them to
> track http://www.gnu.org/ and start their own small
> GNU User groups
> within their schools/colleges.

  Bangalore has a active Free Software User Group, We
would love to meet them.
http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/

>Instead of gathering together at
> one place to
> celebrate "Free Software Day", it is appropriate
> that we spread out and
> silently do our work.

There are few people here who has doing the work
__silently__, we are trying to develop material for
the schools and colleges.Please do understand that
change is a slow process.

cheers

--arky

=====