[Fsf-friends] NIC goes free and open

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Thu Jul 22 07:16:07 IST 2004

Ramanraj K said on Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 05:23:21AM +0530,:

 > WOW!!!  NIC has taken the first major step in moving towards free and
 > open standards.
 > That calls for a celebration :)

Not so fast!!!  For example, if you are a part of Debian community and
its various mailing  lists, you will slowly understand  why several of
the `Open Source certified' licenses are not `free' enough.

But *today*, we  have a cause for celebration  -- summary dismissal of
SCO suit against Daimler-Chrysler.  Read about it at

         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
>From The Devil's Dictionary (1881-1906) [devil]:
  LAWYER, n.  One skilled in circumvention of the law.