[Fsf-friends] Malayalam Development

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi@hotpop.com
Tue Jul 20 10:00:46 IST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 00:05, Rajkumar S wrote:
> Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> > Mr. Arun said that the Foundation would be celebrating its third
> > anniversary on July 21.
>
> Any more details available ?  program notice? Program timings ?

The venue is VJT Hall. We had planned for an exhibition for the whole
day, but a government function in the morning has intervened. So we will
have an exhibition in the afternoon and a public function at 5 pm. We
expect to have Dr. M.N.V. Nair (former Dean, IIM, Bangalore), Prof.
R.V.G. Menon, Sri Anand Babu and Sri Ramkumar (MD, Keltron). There will
be a discussion on the topic Copyright Laws and Society, followed by the
release of a few works under a Creative Commons licence. The works
include some writings by Sri Sundar, photographs by Sri Ravisankar,
music by Sri Krishnaswamy (who conducted Carnatic Music lessons in All
India Radio for thirty years) and the film 'Journey thus far' by Odessa
Film Society. The exhibition will include posters on Free Software and
computers showing Malayalam and a couple of other language desktops, and
some Free Software applications.

Sorry that this could not be announced in the list earlier. For one,
some of the details of the program were decided only yesterday (in fact
the person who will receive the works under the Creative Commons licence
is yet to be confirmed). And we have been frantically running around to
fix up the program. As one of the organisers, I request our members to
try and attend the function.

Once again, sorry for not communicating earlier.
--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi@hotpop.com>