[Fsf-friends] A meeting of visionary leaders

Ramanraj K ramanraj@md4.vsnl.net.in
Thu Jan 29 23:26:33 IST 2004

The meeting of the two visionary leaders should pave way for all the
freedoms that we all hope for.

I took my first ride on the newly commenced MRTS train service between
Thiruvanmiyur and Beach Station in Chennai. My travel to work has never
been so delightful, and it was like a flight in fantasy - free from the
usual pollution, with a lovely green view of the city.  The journey was
over in minutes, and I was yet to recover from the pleasure of the trip,
 when I saw workers working on extending the route.  Then it hit me that
the foundation for the short trip was laid over 15 years, with hudreds
of people toiling day and night on shifts installing hundreds of pillars
to build the high elevated tracks.  The vision of the people behind the
project is indeed breathtaking.  My trip be irrelevant to many, or even
the MRTS may be just a tiny speck in Chennai, but we can never
underestimate the power of a clear focused vision followed by sustained
action that can ultimately give unmeasurable happiness to many.

Our President's clear vision for a bright future, and the vision of RMS
to give sharing its rightful place in society, are two delights that
kindle the strongest hopes, and after their meeting, we can be sure that
the very best will follow and happen.