[Fsf-friends] Reports on FSF-India activities

Raghavendra Bhat ragu@vsnl.com
Wed Jan 28 07:11:52 IST 2004

Annamalai Gurusami posts:

> But Linus himself has stated  very recently (at Australia) that "while
> Linux is well deep into the  server space and market, the home desktop
> will  take  5  to  10  years  to be  equally  competitive  with  other
> solutions."

We all know that Linus is not too much bothered about our angle on
Computing.  So the best thing you should do is to ignore what he says
about the future of Computing and instead further it by telling your
friends/community about Swathanthra software, about the GNU Project,
and above all, about the ethical necessity of sharing.

Maybe we should not give importance to such `predictions'.  We have
something which is real and usable and that is the GNU/Linux system.
My son who is a 4th grade student is a good user of GNU Emacs, he
recently taught me how to edit multiple documents using GNU Emacs.

> [since I was quoting I couldn't change that to GNU/Linux]

It would do us a great help if such `Open Source' news which confuses
many of us here does not get posted anywhere so that it need not be
quoted at all. ;-)

--
ragOO       Amateur  Radio     VU2RGU
Join  us now  and share  the software,