[Fsf-friends] Google News Alert - Linux

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@bytesforall.org
Mon Jan 26 20:42:48 IST 2004

LINUX marks slow progress in taking over desktops
Daily Times
NEW YORK: As never before, corporate customers are turning to Linux software
instead of Microsoft Windows to run big business operations. ...
<http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_26-1-2004_pg6_3>
See all stories on this topic:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf8&client=google&num=30&newsclusterurl=http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp%3Fpage%3Dstory_26-1-2004_pg6_3

ORACLE moves to support Linux desktops
Search Enterprise Linux
By Jan Stafford, Site Editor. NEW YORK -- Linux advocate Oracle Corp. is
all talk and more action. Besides touting its huge Linux ...
<http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/qna/0,289202,sid39_gci946177,00.html>
See all stories on this topic:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf8&client=google&num=30&newsclusterurl=http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/qna/0,289202,sid39_gci946177,00.html

RED Hat to Protect Linux Customers
Open for Business
eWeek: Red Hat Inc. on Tuesday will follow the lead of Hewlett-Packard
Co. and Novell Inc. by announcing a plan to protect its enterprise Linux
customers. ...
<http://www.ofb.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=291>
See all stories on this topic:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf8&client=google&num=30&newsclusterurl=http://www.ofb.biz/modules.php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D291

ANNOUNCING Cooperative Linux
Slashdot
I was on my daily "relaxing" read of the LKML when I've found an interesting
announce about "Cooperative Linux", in this message from Dan Aloni. ...
<http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/04/01/25/2124237.shtml?tid=106&tid=185&tid=190&tid=201>

SUN to IBM: Go Linux with us
Cnet Asia
Sun Microsystems has offered IBM the benefit of its "experience," if Big
Blue decides that it wants to implement a wholesale move to the Linux
desktop. ...
<http://ups.asia.cnet.com/c/as.ch.nt.stories/asia.cnet.com/newstech/systems/0,39001153,39166021,00.htm>

RED Hat plans Linux push in China
Cnet Asia
Red Hat, the leading seller of the Linux operating system, plans an expansion
into China, potentially including a partnership with China's Red Flag
Linux. ...
<http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/systems/0,39001153,39166023,00.htm>

FOUR Linux Live CDs, The Executive Summary
Slashdot
Remember to tell people that before you evangelize them on Live CD's, or
they'll come away thinking that it's Linux that's slow. ...
<http://slashdot.org/articles/04/01/25/0340221.shtml?tid=106&tid=185&tid=190>

LEADER: Linux comes a long way – but let's be realistic
Silicon.com
Andy may be just a student. But listen and learn. Take him seriously because
he is right. I run a small busineess with 24 desktops ...
<http://www.silicon.com/software/os/talkback.htm?PROCESS=show&ID=20016725&AT=39117920-39024651t-40000022c>

LINUX group checks SCO fine print
Computerworld New Zealand
The group set up to represent New Zealand’s Linux community, the Open
Source Society, is seeking legal advice over SCO's Linux licensing scheme,
which the ...
<http://www.computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/UNID/38389B1C08C3D10CCC256E230074700D?OpenDocument>

BOOT Windows Faster, Using Linux
Slashdot
BiOFH writes "TechNewsWorld is reporting that InterVideo has a solution
for slow boot times runing Windows XP MCE. 'The new Linux-based InstantOn
software ...
<http://slashdot.org/articles/04/01/24/1855205.shtml?tid=126&tid=163&tid=185&tid=190&tid=201>
See all stories on this topic:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf8&client=google&num=30&newsclusterurl=http://slashdot.org/articles/04/01/24/1855205.shtml%3Ftid%3D126%26tid%3D163%26tid%3D185%26tid%3D190%26tid%3D201

This daily-once News Alert is brought to you by Google News (BETA)...
Remove this News Alert:
http://www.google.com/newsalerts/remove?s=4184feae5fa3fa1a&hl=en

Create another News Alert:
http://www.google.com/newsalerts?hl=en