[Fsf-friends] Re: [glug-t] GNU Manifesto Question

Senthil_OR@Dell.com Senthil_OR@Dell.com
Mon Jan 26 07:30:21 IST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 17:44, Vijay Kumar wrote:

> What is the meaning of "millions for defense, but not a cent for
> tribute!"? We
> do not understand it to the point of being able to translate it to
> tamil.
> Can somebody tell us the meaning of this line?

Has to do with some american history stuff, it seems:

By 1800 a new slogan was beginning to appear across the new country,
"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute."

http://www.zianet.com/wblase/endtimes/barbary.htm

After reading this,I think it should be appropriated.

-Senthil