[Fsf-friends] GNU Manifesto Question

Vijay Kumar ec10052@nitt.edu
Mon Jan 26 17:44:25 IST 2004

We(the GNU/Linux User Group of Trichy) are working on the Tamil Translation of
the GNU Manifesto. It is almost complete. But we have a few problems...

RMS writes:
------------------- Manifesto Begins ----------------------------------
     "We need the programmers desperately.  If they demand that we stop
     helping our neighbors, we have to obey."

   You're never so desperate that you have to obey this sort of demand.
Remember: millions for defense, but not a cent for tribute!

What is the meaning of "millions for defense, but not a cent for tribute!"? We
do not understand it to the point of being able to translate it to tamil.
Can somebody tell us the meaning of this line?

Vijay

--
Free the Code.
Free the User.