[Fsf-friends] Is there a 'free(dom)' variant of Knoppix?

Rishi Gangoly rishi@theargoncompany.com
Mon Jan 19 15:39:53 IST 2004

> Starting  from v3.3, I  understand that  Knoppix has  removed `non-free'
> apps like acroread  etc.

I've loaded V 3.3 and it still has acroread. :-(

> There is Morphix, Damn Small GNU/Linux etc.

Will try that out.

> Better still, just install the base system of Debian GNU and go on
> adding apps which are Free and which you need.

I guess Debian is fine, but I don't like the installer. ;-)

I really like the Knoppix Installer. It's short, sweet, to the point and
gets the job done.

Regards

Rishi