[Fsf-friends] Is there a 'free(dom)' variant of Knoppix?

Raghavendra Bhat ragu@vsnl.com
Mon Jan 19 13:40:01 IST 2004

Rishi Gangoly posts:

> I got to know that  there are non-free applications bundled along with
> Knoppix CD. Does anyone know if there is a variant of Knoppix?

Starting  from v3.3, I  understand that  Knoppix has  removed `non-free'
apps like acroread  etc.  I have not checked this  version.  There was a
long  discussion with  Klaus Knopper  to remove  `non-free', some  of the
guys refused to mirror the Knoppix ISO which was tainted with non-free apps.

There is Morphix, Damn Small GNU/Linux etc.

Better still, just install the base system of Debian GNU and go on
adding apps which are Free and which you need.

--
ragOO       Amateur  Radio     VU2RGU

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and
quick to anger. -- J. R. R. Tolkien