[Fsf-friends] Attack on GNU/Linux

Rajkumar S s_raj@flashmail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:51:54 IST 2004

Manilal wrote:

> Regarding the report of Manorama, the real problem is that IT@School
> is toppled because VS had proposed GNU/Linux.

I have read that report and IT @ school is mentioned only in passing. It
would be nice if you can scan the report and post it some where. I did
not reach such conclusions after reading the article.

> This is not the reason for the failure of IT at School.

So it failed?

> It failed because the concerned authorities didn't give appropriate
> training  in GNU/Linux to the teachers.

Were they able to find enough people for Training? Any input from some
one at IT@School about this? Arun?

> And the Govt is trying to facilitate a MNC which is trying implement
> a "neo-colonialist society".

gosh! putting on a tin foil hat might help* :)

raj

*: not valid for humor impaired!