[Fsf-friends] Attack on GNU/Linux

Rajkumar S s_raj@flashmail.com
Fri Jan 16 09:49:19 IST 2004

KG Kumar wrote:
> Well, actually, as it turns out, he may well be in very good company -- with
> Red Hat's CEO, who suggests home users stick to Windows! Of course, I'm
> assuming VS is a home user, unless he's suddenly (and wisely -:)) decided to
> take up Perl programming... Who are we free souls to question a freer soul?

The hypocrisy element comes when he advocates the use of free software
in places like IT at school and Akshya project, which are aimed at
desktop usage (office suite et al), and uses another OS in his laptop.

He could have used XP, and kept his mouth shut, and no one is going to
write an article about it.

As far as RH CEO is concerned, he is talking in line with his company
objectives, they are hardly in Desktop market :)

raj