[Fsf-friends] Attack on GNU/Linux

KG Kumar kg@tug.org.in
Fri Jan 16 07:39:00 IST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:09:47 +0530, Rajkumar S wrote
> I read that article, it mearly exposes the hypocrisy of VS Achutanandan
> and CPM, wrt Free Software. He runs windows in his laptop and All CPM's
> web server runs on Windows, but talks about free software.

Well, actually, as it turns out, he may well be in very good company -- with
Red Hat's CEO, who suggests home users stick to Windows! Of course, I'm
assuming VS is a home user, unless he's suddenly (and wisely -:)) decided to
take up Perl programming... Who are we free souls to question a freer soul?

As I posted to the Linux India list earlier:

Red Hat's chief executive has said that Linux needs to mature further before
home users will get a positive experience from the operating system, saying
they should choose Windows instead.

See: http://www.silicon.com/software/os/0,39024651,39116741,00.htm

-----
KG Kumar