[Fsf-friends] Attack on GNU/Linux

Manilal manilal@sepsit.org
Thu Jan 15 11:13:26 IST 2004

Hello everybody,
   The media in Kerala is always keen in attacking Free Sostware
especially GNU/Linux. Today one of the (mis)leading newspaper, viz
Malayala Manorama came up with a "striking discovery" about the reason
why IT at School failed. The author P.Kishore has some very interesting
findings. The deterioration that caused IT is due to "Swathanthra
Software". Yesterday also there was a report on Linux but it was not
directly dealt with "Swathanthra software". He(reporter) has also
concern about the "Project Shiksha" of Microsoft. Today a half page
editorial is against Free Software. The motivation behind such reports
is not clear but I believe that it's part of the politics.I think these
matters have an adverse effect on the public about Swathanthra Software
especially in the occassion of Stallman's visit and WSF.
regards
Manilal