[Fsf-friends] Guest of the people

Ramanraj K ramanraj@md4.vsnl.net.in
Tue Jan 13 21:55:47 IST 2004

Rajkumar S wrote:

> Is he [RMS] a state guest this time also?

The Sunday Indian Express dated 11th January, 2004, carried an article
by Jayanthi Natarajan, titled Faces vs faceless - Why World Social Forum
is an answer to World Economic Forum.  I could not find a link to this
fine opinion at indianexpress.com.  The article begins: "Another world
is possible", and speaks about the WSF as a "humungous mass of faceless
voiceless millions, represented by a motely crew of well meaning grass
root organisations, with no money and no brand equity, but with a fire
in their belly to fight an unjust economic order."  "One lakh human
beings from all over the world, there of their own free will and desire
to be part of a process that will create a better world".  "It
represents a sea change is our democracy".  "It is truly extraordinary
to try to conduct such a mammoth event with wholly voluntary funding  ..."
Please do read the whole article.

RMS is the tallest one among us in the new evolving world.  The question
is if the state is a guest at WSF.