[Fsf-friends] Wishes from S2S2

Sujeevan Pullanhiotan sujeevan_p@rediffmail.com
Thu Jan 1 14:07:40 IST 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A very HAPPY & SUCCESSFUL New year to all.
()^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^()

  Year 2003 is past. It is time for reflection and action for time ahead. I wish all the visionaries, developers & users of Freedom Software a great success for the year 2004. Special thanks and wishes to FSF India group who made it a point to get Free Software included in School syllabus first time in Kerala(Probably first in India). I feel it is one of the greatest success for FSF India. Experience of the past year shows that children, parents & teachers here are now  aware that there are "computers that will work without Microsoft". For many this awareness itself is a piece of brand new knowledge. Schools in general are getting to know more about it. Of course as usual with any change, there are difficulties, confusion, politics, groups, hard core oppositions, allegations and other intricacies. But in general there  is a welcoming change. Schools even  received circulars asking them to use OpenOffice.  Is is good. Let's hope it will do more good in coming years.

   For year 2003, Swathantra Software Solutions & Support(S2S2) at Kannur did provide substantial support in helping schools to learn about Free Software. And we are looking forward to do more & more service.
Summary of the major service we offered for 2003:
1) Installed & setup LTSP servers & etherbooting diskless clients for large no of govt.schools of Kannur.
2) Conducted GNU/Linux orientation program for school teachers.
3) Helped schools to make use of old unused 486 machines as diskless clients( Edayanoor High school is the first to make use of the old 486 machines as full fledged workstation).
4) Helped schools to install GNU/Linux network and Provided constant user support.
5) Provided training on "Use & Installation of GNU/Linux" to members of
Kudumbasree unit from Wyanad, Malappuram & Kasagrgod districts
6) Conducted seminar & live demo on Free Software & Education Utilities to college & Schools of remote areas.
7) Distributed GNU/Linux and application CDs
8) Help & Support to home users

 Doing Service that makes the difference.

Regards & best wishes to all

Sujeevan .P
Swathantra Software Solutions & Support( S2S2)
Munderi, Kannur
Kerala
httpl//s2s2net.netfirms.com