[Fsf-friends] CSIR uses only Microsoft

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi@vsnl.com
Wed Jan 7 10:21:32 IST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 19:21, Senthil_OR@Dell.com wrote:

> Standardisation which M$ has driven by marketing and a good product(
> Kindly dont whin, I am using a outlook here).
> The next good quality product which can out-perform the existing one
> will become a next standard.

I agree with the marketing part that MS has done. But the quality is
very doubtful. The product it displaced, namely WordPerfect, which had
become very popular the world over, was certainly a much better word
processor than MS Word. Even today, I think, MS Word cannot give the
kind of features and stability that WP used to give five or ten years
back.

> So, if any of us want, then need to involve in OO or other Office Suite
> and make it Highly helpful to common masses.

OO already has many features that MS Word does not. For instance, the
auto word completion feature is very helpful to many ordinary people who
cannot type fast.

Regards
--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi@vsnl.com>