[Fsf-friends] CSIR uses only Microsoft

Joe Steeve joe_steeve@gmx.net
Tue Jan 6 20:11:32 IST 2004

From: Senthil_OR@Dell.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 07:51:24 -0600

> Standardisation which M$ has driven by marketing and a good product(

When I have a M$Word 97 document., and I edit it on M$OfficeXP ( just
changing italics to bold ) and open the same document in M$Word97, it
said that it cannot read the file.. and asks me to update. <This is a
problem I faced when I had to prepare a paper during my Under
Graduate>. I dont call this standardisation. I call it bullying.

Cheers,
Joe

--
"Software is like sex; Its better when it is free"
                                 -- Linus Torvalds