[Fsf-friends] Gedit does not recognise Stallman

Annamalai Gurusami annamalai.gurusami@email.masconit.com
Tue Jan 6 17:17:01 IST 2004

"V. Sasi Kumar" <vsasi@vsnl.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 16:24, Annamalai Gurusami wrote:

> > But then 'Stallman' is a proper noun.  It is not a word that you will
> > find in a dictionary.  Hence no spell checker will recognize it.  Its
> > not strange.
>
> Most dictionaries recognise a number of proper nouns. In this case, for
> instance, it does recognise Richard.

I probably should have been more specific in what I meant by the word
'dictionary'.  I was talking about dictionaries like Oxford, Webster,
etc.  I have never seen names in such dictionaries (the printed ones.)

Rgds,
anna

--

Time-stamp: <2004-01-02 11:03:20 annamalai.gurusami>

"Free for All offers as thorough and engaging an account of the
open-source movement--and the pitfalls in its path--as readers are
likely to find anywhere."-- Damien MacClean for Amazon.com.

                http://www.wayner.org/books/ffa/