[Fsf-friends] Tamil translation for "free software"

Dileep M. Kumar dileep@gmx.net
Mon Jan 5 11:13:00 IST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:48:19AM +0530, vinuraj.maroli@wipro.com wrote:

>>>Do we really  require a regional language translation  for this. To
>>>my opinion,  its more  important to convey  the meaning of  free or
>>>freedom in FSF's context to

Its better  to have a regional  translation in IMHO.   The word "Free"
has made  a lot of confusions. To  express the idea of  "Free" in Free
software to non-english  speaking mass, we need local  terms.  Else we
have  to correct  people each  and  every time  or ask  them to  visit
www.gnu.org.

PS: IAC, majority of Indians don't know English.

Regards
--
 .''`.     Dileep M. Kumar <dileep@kumarayil.net>
: :'  :    http://www.kumarayil.net