[Fsf-friends] Request to publish the interview prominently at gnu.org.in

Ramanraj K ramanraj@md4.vsnl.net.in
Fri Feb 27 20:19:58 IST 2004

>RMS' answers to questions put forward by Samuel Abraham of `The Week'.
>These questions were  mailed to RMS and he  patiently answered them in
>great detail. He was asked these questions after his talk at the CUSAT
>campus in Kochi, January 23.
>
>http://puggy.symonds.net/~fsug-kochi/rms-interview.html

Surely the interview ought to be published at gnu.org.in site, so that
people do not miss these words of RMS:

<quote>
Overall, I think that the goals worth striving for are truth, beauty and
justice. Goals such as success and fun are not bad, but they are not
everything. To adopt them as one's primary goals, as many people do, is
a fundamental error: it is to aim too low, to have too small an ambition
in life. One you have taken care of your needs for survival and some
basic comforts, it's time to try to put some of your effort into making
the world a better place. The better off you are personally, the more
you should focus effort on helping others, instead of enriching yourself.
</quote>