[Fsf-friends] Hi Friends

Rishi Gangoly rishi@theargoncompany.com
Thu Feb 12 08:36:00 IST 2004

On Friday 16 Jan 2004 7:43 pm, fjsylvester wrote:
>  I have started to vend linux cds
>  with prompt response
>
>  pls visit
>  http://fijusylvester.tripod.com/mypage.html

Hi

I noticed you have listed Redhat CDs up for sale. I'm not sure if Redhat
permits that. There are issues with redistributing Redhat CDs since it comes
in the way of their trademark regulations.

http://www.redhat.com/about/corporate/trademark/

I'm not sure about Fedora though... It isn't very clear on their website
either. I know about another person (www.indiainfotech.org) that got a letter
from Redhat threatening to sue them since they did not comply with their
trademark regulations. Since he was still in college, he just deactivated the
website and shut shop.

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/trademarks/

This is from the Fedora FAQ...
http://fedora.redhat.com/about/faq/

Q:  	Can I redistribute The Fedora Project?
A:    Yes, and we strongly encourage you to do so. You will need to comply
with The Fedora Project trademark rules.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rishi