[Fsf-friends] IT = M$window + M$word ?

Vijay Kumar ec10052@nitt.edu
Wed Feb 11 09:37:56 IST 2004

Quoting Raj Shekhar <rajshekhar@hotpop.com>:

> H S Rai wrote:
> > Following is the syllabus for the students of all engineering
> > colleges, which teaches MSwindows and MSword.
>
> Most people passing out of colleges have a knowledge of working on ASP
> and Oracle. It is very hard (impossible) to get freshers who would be
> able to work on PHP, which is the most popular language for server side
> scripting. Speaking of Oracle, you would be surprised to know that most
> freshers think RDBMS = Oracle.

Not really. I am final year student of an engineering college(NITT, formerly
RECT). We use MySQL for most of our local databases. And all the old Foxbase
databases are being converted to MySQL. And PHP is being used for server side
scripting, for all intranet sites. All our intranet and internet webservers are