[Fsf-friends] Patents amendment bill

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip@lug-delhi.org
Tue Dec 28 17:06:14 IST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 15:38 +0530, Arun M wrote:
> Also please note the worser situation with Medicine patent.
> (read it together with recent natural disaster)
>
> >From personal level i will request free software activists not to
> restrict ourself to software patent. Software freedom is just one
> freedom an individual need.

I am so glad that someone has come up and mentioned this fact. The issue
with medicine is far worse and affects far more people in a much more
basic way.

I had blogged about it early this month
(http://www.sandipb.net/blog/archives/2004/12/02/brazil-to-break-drug-
patents/) inspired by the actions of a country ( Brazil) which cares
more for its citizens than our country does.

Tehelka had also covered this story a few weeks back.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     sandip@puroga.com
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3