[Fsf-friends] Patents amendment bill

Kanti Jadia j_kanti@rediffmail.com
Tue Dec 28 11:25:45 IST 2004

This is what caught my attention on slashdot

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/27/1323237&from=rss

"
 It was the same in Europe... (Score:1)
by Rauchbier (745414) on Monday December 27, @11:55AM (#11192112)

The patent lobby tried to introduce software patents in Europe silently as well. Thanks to the FFII [ffii.org] there was enough noise to wake up politicians. Now we have additional support from sites like No Software Patents [nosoftwarepatents.com], but it took a lot of time to get this support.

Hopefully there is a chance to postpone the decision so the indian people and politicians can catch up on software patents.
"